Sunday, October 19, 2008

Yet Another Tag

The rules are:

* Link to the person who tagged you
* Post the rules on your blog
* Write six random things/unspectacular quirks about yourself
* Tag six people at the end of your post
* Let each person you have tagged know by leaving a comment on their blog
* Let the tagger know when your entry is posted


These tags are starting to feel like a chain letter, but I got tagged by Melanee, so I decided to do it. Don't worry, I'm not going to put any pressure on anyone else to post this tag. If you like it, post it.

1. The older I get, the more I enjoy dressing up. On my nightstand, I have three pictures of myself with friends. In one, I am wearing a wedding dress. In another, I have on a camouflage bandana and warpaint. In the last one, I am wearing disco clothing. All three of them have been taken since I got home from my mission. The last one was taken since I moved to Lubbock.

2. I love to quote movies and TV shows, but I like to use quotes when they are appropriate to the situation. Some of my favorites lately have been:

"Maybe he just needed a date, and since I'm currently one of the women sitting around thinking, 'If only I could find a man like Aragorn,' he picked me."

"The answering machine confused him. And this is the guy who likes me."


"I hate my regular clothes now."


"Who is this?" (think George calling Jerry in a panicked state and Jerry responding)

3. My ankle pops when I go down stairs. For the most part, no one notices, except when I go down the stairs at the Provo Temple (the Lubbock Temple doesn't have stairs) because it's always really quiet, and it happens with every stair. I had a consult from an orthopaedic surgeon about it, and he seemed to think it was fine. He told me why he thinks it happens, but, obviously, it didn't make much of an impression because I can't remember what he said.

4. I have really odd priorities. I will fight off fatigue, hunger, thirst, and a need to go to the bathroom in order to get another case note written.

5. It's pretty rare for me to come across someone singing a song I don't know, and it's even more rare for me to resist joining in. Today, for example, my supervisor was singing "Black Balloon" by the Goo Goo Dolls, and I joined in.

6. I have ten frozen Ding-Dongs in my freezer leftover from last week's FHE. There were more than that, but I have eaten a considerable amount over the last week.

So there you have it. Like I said, feel free to use this tag if you want. No pressure, but let me know if you do.

2 comments:

Melanee said...

Thanks, pal. I love that George quote. I think it actually gets used a couple different times throughout the series. Are frozen ding dongs better than ding dongs at room temperature? Mmmmm.... ding dongs.

Megan said...

Yes, frozen Ding Dongs are better than regular Ding Dongs. I also have a Twinkie, but I don't want to waste my calories on Twinkies. My favorite Seinfeld is the one where George calls Jerry to get the Japanese businessmen out of Kramer's drawers, and Jerry goes, "Uncle Leo?"