Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Peanut Butter Cupcakes & Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cupcakes

Before starting the new blog, which I have been much more excited about in the last few days than my dissertation, I began several cupcake posts on this blog. I am not sure if I should post these old ones on my new blog, or just start with the cupcakes I've baked since starting the new blog, so as not to overwhelm the group site with cupcake recipes. I guess I'll just post my old recipes here and see how it all goes. Also, since I made these cupcakes the same day as the maple cupcakes, it only seems appropriate to at least post these on the same site.

Between the maple cupcakes and these, I decided to take an hour and clean my kitchen. For the first time in a long time, all of my dishes were clean, my counter was clean, my sink was clean, and my mixer was clean. I took pictures to document the occasion.

This was in preparation to make two more recipes, the first of which was peanut butter cupcakes.

I got invited to a cookie exchange with the women from work. I was faced with a dilemma: make a fabulous cookie recipe, like I was supposed to, or make more cupcakes and check another recipe off my list. As a compromise, I made two recipes that touted themselves as "cupcake cookies." These are recipes for cupcakes that are based on familiar cookie recipes, like peanut butter and oatmeal raisin.

Here's the link. And here's the other link. I am not a big raisin fan, so I substituted them for milk chocolate chips.

I have to say, these were not my favorite cupcakes I have ever made. I think I am sort of a purist. I like cookies to be cookies and cupcakes to be cupcakes, What was leftover from the cookie exchange went to Mix 'N Munch, and then into work three days before Christmas.

The nice thing about my job is that, if I leave something in the break room, someone will either eat it or throw it away for me. Sometimes people take bites out of things and put them back on plates, but nobody is perfect-particularly not psychiatrists.

No comments: