Sunday, October 11, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cupcakes


Not to be confused with chocolate chunk cupcakes.

What was the difference, you ask? The chocolate chunk cupcakes were very much like a cookie-dense, oil-based, a little on the brown side. The chocolate chip cupcakes were more like a white cupcake, light and fluffy, with regular semi-sweet chocolate chips, and a chocolate chip buttercream frosting. I'm still not sure why Martha included both of them, but I can tell you that I made both of them because both seemed like good recipes for a crowd.

These accompanied me to Relief Society, where I was teaching a lesson on families. I was anticipating having a large attendance, and made two pans of cupcakes. Unfortunately, I had a little trouble getting them into the kitchen, and I ended up tipping an entire pan of cupcakes upside down on the hallway carpet. An entire pan. I almost cried. The frosting was pretty thick, so clean up was not too difficult. However, I did not feel okay about serving them to the Relief Society sisters. Hence, not everyone in Relief Society got one. However, after the block ended, the bishop's wife invited the Elders' Quorum to eat the ones that had fallen on the floor. I got rave reviews, particularly on the frosting, both from the Relief Society sisters and the guys who had come in to eat the ones I didn't feel right about serving to the girls.

I think my lesson went okay, too.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

you are hilaious. And those look delicious.