Friday, July 18, 2008

I can't believe I have a blog now!

I have been recently disturbed by the number of people I know who have blogs. Most of them either have beautiful children whose faces I love to see, or interesting and funny thoughts I like to read, or both. Some of those people have actually encouraged me to start a blog myself. I have hesitated for many reasons, which I will now list here because that's what you do when you have a blog:
  • I have no children with whose pictures I can cuten (cuten?) the space around my narratives. I don't even take pictures of the things that are going on in my life, so this blog is destined to actually be nothing more than my random synaptic firings.
  • I don't actually believe I have anything to say that anyone wants to hear. My life consists largely of therapy (as the therapist), research, classes, and a lot of time sitting in my apartment with my thoughts when I should be working on research. That doesn't sound that exciting to me, and it's my life.
  • I hate it when blogs turn into a) bitter diatribes about one's dating life or b) a vehicle to rant about the things one hates. And since those are 90% of the things I think about, I am afraid that will happen to me.
  • I'm pretty sure it will be one of those things I neglect, much like my Facebook page.

With all of this as a preface, I am now venturing into cyberspace.

1 comment:

Melanee said...

I can't believe you have a blog now, either. But I'm really excited that you do. If nothing else, it can be another outlet for us to talk about things that don't matter.