Friday, July 25, 2008

27?

So, yesterday was my 27th birthday. I have to say that, for the most part, it was like any other day. I ran errands in the morning, saw a client in the afternoon, and ran some more errands at night. The highlight of my day was a voicemail message that went something like this:

Sammie: Happy...Birthday...Megan! (pause for five seconds)

My mother: Okay, Sammie, Megan's not there, hang up the phone.

Sammie: (pause for another 20 seconds).

I think she wandered off with the phone, or my mom got distracted, or something. At any rate, that was all she said, and then there was silence for a long time. I think she was waiting for me to reply, so I called her back to tell her thank you, and she held onto the phone and wouldn't give it to my mom or Melanee. I don't know what she said, but it made me miss her like crazy. Meanwhile, Kevin bonked his head rolling onto the fireplace tile or something like that. He didn't seem too upset.

Anyway, so, other than that, it was a very uneventful day. I got a lot of phone calls, a lot of text messages, and a lot of Facebook postings from people wishing me a happy birthday, which made me feel loved. Tonight, I am driving to Austin with some friends, and tomorrow, we are tubing down some river. "Don't drown," my mom warned me when I told her how I was choosing to celebrate my 27th birthday. As she astutely observed, "If you drown, you can't go to Japan." Plus, I'll be dead. So, if no more posts happen on this blog, you'll know why.

No comments: