Monday, July 5, 2010

Day 2: Las Vegas






I was awakened about 6 a.m. Saturday morning by the tiny voice of my tiny niece Brooklyn, who wanted to go outside and play with the garden hose. For about an hour, Brooklyn, her mom, my dad, and I all sat outside while she watered the concrete, the bushes, and our feet.

Later, we went bowling. Brooklyn, with the aid of one of those ramps and some bumpers, beat both Maria and I.

After napping, we all headed over to this amazing sale at the Banana Republic outlet store in downtown Las Vegas.

Brooklyn and I sat in the back and danced. Like her cousin, Sammie, Brooklyn loves to dance.

At night, we lit some fireworks. Apparently, even something as simple as sparklers are illegal in southern California, so we bought a few for Brooklyn to try out.

However, it seemed to me like her dad and grandpa were the ones who really enjoyed them.

Here is a shot of my dad.

The device in his hand is primarily used to pick up dog waste. However, he discovered it was also the perfect way to handle used fireworks. Maybe this picture is only funny if you know my dad. Maybe it's really only funny to me.

2 comments:

Melanee said...

Aw, I'm so sad that we weren't there. So does Dad actually use that thing for picking up poo?

Megan said...

I think so. He acts more and more like an old man every day.