Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fools!

I didn't make cupcakes for the meeting we had on April 1 because I wasn't feeling great (it turned out to be strep throat, and then, later, a possible rib fracture. Another story).

However, there is a cupcake place across the street from my apartment that I have been dying to try, and, as it happened, they had created some special cupcakes for April Fools' Day. So I bought a few to take to work.

Bagels with lox. I think the bagel was actually a donut. Reminds me of the episode of Seinfeld with the Peterman Reality Tour.

Spaghetti and meatballs. The noodles are buttercream; the meatball is a Ferrero-Rocher chocolate, and the sauce is strawberry jelly. The actual cake was red velvet.

Then, there were the mashed potatoes and gravy. The gravy was caramel, and the butter pat was a lemon Starburst.

This one was supposed to be popcorn. In retrospect, I should have gotten another spaghetti and meatball one. I didn't think this one was as impressive.

But they were all good ideas for next year.

2 comments:

Ami said...

I like the mashed potatoes the best. Your ice cream cones are a good fakeout, too.
So, have you been involved in an assault or something? I am going to be coming up with crazy stories until I hear the real one.

Megan said...

It's nothing terribly exciting. It happened because I had a pretty bad cough during the "strep throat." I didn't know you could break a rib coughing too much, but you can.