Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Return of Guy

I continue to cling to a desire not to blog about my love life. However, last time I did, I got more responses than on any other blog post. Despite the fact that there are scattered members of my branch and possibly one of my professors who read this blog, I thought I would give everyone an update on Guy, from the blog about my love life, in case, like me, you thought his boldness several weeks ago was an isolated incident. It was not. 

Last night, we had FHE at a member of our branch presidency's house. I was talking with a group of people in the backyard when Guy walked up and began talking to two of the girls in our group. He was trying to convince them that, because he had recently paid for a meal for the two of them, they, in turn, each owed him a date. Both girls shook their heads, so he continued to assert his position by telling her when he wanted her to take him out. He explained to her that his birthday was coming up. Then, he said (again, I am trying to remember the exchange the best that I can), "But you can't have me on that night. That night is reserved someone else. You can have me on this night, instead."

Now, some of you may know that, when something is really funny to me, I tend to lose control of my muscles and tumble to the ground. Usually, if I'm sitting in a chair, I tumble forward, as I did in Sacrament meeting a couple of weeks ago. Last night, my knees sort of gave out, and I found myself lying on my back laughing. When I popped up, I launched into a rant in disbelief that guy would have the nerve to say that. By this time, the other girls had left. I said something to the effect of, "What makes you think you can get away with that?" His response: "Because I can."


It was at that point that my instincts finally kicked in, and I started yelling at him. I would like to say he walked away a changed man, but as soon as I started telling him he couldn't treat women this way, I realized that, no matter what I said to him, he wasn't going to change his ways. So, to exact revenge, I am posting this on my blog: he looks like Quagmire from Family Guy. I do not watch Family Guy, and I was not the person who noticed this originally, but I wholeheartedly agree with the person who did. I have never seen him wear a Hawaiian shirt, but that's the only difference.

There. I feel better.

1 comment:

Melanee said...

I don't believe Guy's chin could really be that big. I think the only person with a chin that big is the guy from Time Chasers.