Thursday, March 26, 2009

Blogging Blahs

I have no fewer than five unfinished blog posts in my drafts folder. There's one about a trip I took to D.C. in February, one about the murder mystery dinner my branch did in January, one about how much I love Seattle, one about cupcakes, and one about my trip to Georgia. I have very good reasons for not finishing these posts. They mostly center around boredom and a lack of pictures, or a sudden realization that there are some of my thoughts that really aren't that interesting to other people. And other things, like my dissertation proposal.

But, in a nutshell, here's an update from my life:
  • I got a new job with the Texas Tech Employee Assistance Program, which means, for the first time in four years of doing therapy, I will actually be getting paid for it.
  • I learned that, when I blog about someone in my branch, other people from my branch happen to read it. I won't do that anymore.
  • I have a month left of school. Woo-hoo! 
That's about all I have to say right now. Hopefully, this weekend, in between writing the methods section for my dissertation and a couple of branch activities, I will have time to finish some of these posts.

3 comments:

Melanee said...

Mmmmmm... cupcakes.

Ami said...

Wahoo! Congratulations on almost being done with school, and good luck with the dissertation stuff. What is your dissertation on? And hooray for getting paid for doing therapy. It does make no shows much less annoying. But I am having a career identity crisis that I would love to talk to you about as soon as you're not quite so busy. What about comps? How does that work? That is the scariest part for me when I think about doctorates. Anyway, good luck out there.

Maria said...

Yea for getting paid!!