Monday, March 2, 2009

Ain't it funny how you always find just what you need?

I normally don't approve of the word "ain't" period, but it is a line from a favorite Tim McGraw song that often seems to fit in my life.

Do you ever have those moments when you are in desperate need of something, and someone you know fills that need without ever realizing they've done it? It's happened to me more times than I can count, and I bring it up here because it just happened again. So, here, on this blog, I wanted to take a second and thank all of the people in my life, both those who read this blog and those who don't, who have been answers to prayers they couldn't have known I was praying.
  • Thanks for reminding me what's important. Sometimes I forget.
  • Thanks for being silly with me when I needed to be silly.
  • Thanks for joining with me in hating whatever guy I was currently hating, or getting excited with me over whatever guy I was currently excited over.
  • Thanks for talking to me late into the night when I didn't want to be alone.
  • Thanks for inviting me over for dinner and letting me play with your children
  • Thanks for visiting me in Lubbock.
  • Thanks for letting me come to visit you.
  • Thanks for being my therapist, boundaries be danged.
  • Thanks for being a part of making me feel like I belong in Texas.
  • Thanks for the spontaneous phone calls, Dad.
  • Thanks for priesthood blessings at inconvenient times.
  • Thanks for well-timed phone calls, texts, e-mails, letters, and visits.
  • Thanks for pushing me to do the things I know I should do.
In short, I feel pretty blessed to have the people in my life that I do. Thanks, guys. And I can't believe I have become this sappy in a blog post. Don't judge me.

1 comment:

Abercornucopia said...

So, this begs the question: What's your favorite Tim McGraw song?

~Will someone be singing that at your karaoke funeral?