Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Leg 2: Salt Lake City

I got into Salt Lake about 5:30, just in time to have dinner with Melanee's family, along with Steve and Meghan Frost and their kids, and Joel and Ami Frost and their son, Dane, as well as George's friend Colin, from work.




It was a lot of fun to see them all. I can't believe how much the kids have changed! Here is a shot of Sammie and Lauren with their faces pressed up against the air vent, feeling the cool air.


Here's a shot of them riding Steve like a horse.




Dane is already quite the entertainer. He was making us laugh by playing "Rodeo" on Joel's shoulders. Clearly, he has inherited that from both of his parents.


Coincidentally, the low point of the evening happened when Joel was singing a song from the reality TV show about people auditioning for Legally Blonde: The Musical (we were pretty sure he was making this TV show and its premise up), and Melanee laughed so hard she started choking on a chip. I saw a look of panic on George's face that I never want to see again.


On to something happier: my niece and nephew are adorable!


I took Sammie to Wal-Mart on Monday, and this was how she dressed for the occasion:



She also took "Baby Doll" and, at one point, got very upset that I had neglected to bring her pink purse.





Kevin, on the other hand, was only briefly upset on Satuday, when he was sick. The rest of the time, he was all smiles and laughter. I miss them already!

1 comment:

Melanee said...

That was really cute the way Dane was playing "rodeo" with Joel. I wish we could do that with Kevin, but I think he's just too chubby. Also, Sam really needs a haircut. I really appreciate you posting evidence of my negligent parenting on your blog.