Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Putting it together

I seem to have fallen out of the blogosphere completely. I feel like I'm not alone.

I have much to write about, and some day I'll have time for it all.

In the meantime, over the weekend, Stephanie was in town, and we went to a concert given by Audra McDonald, who--I have established--I love. First of all, she was INCREDIBLE. I was completely blown away. She sang this song, and there was a distinct pause before everyone in the audience began to applaud. I'm pretty sure we were all wiping our eyes first. And someone actually shouted from the audience (it was a small venue at a university where I may or may not have once been employed) asking where the song was from.

I bought the album on iTunes, and I have since listened to this song roughly 15 times. It's a song about September 11, and what happens when you experience tragedy and start to move on. I thought it was worth dusting off the blog to post this song on September 11.


That same weekend, I also attended the BEST FOOTBALL GAME EVER! But that's a story for another post.

No comments: