Sunday, February 6, 2011

Almost hit by a mattress

Yesterday, having barely recovered from the raccoon incident the night before, I drove to see my sister and her family. On Pioneer Crossing, which is a flyover connecting west Lehi and Saratoga Springs to I-15, I got behind a Jeep towing a trailer containing a mattress and box springs. It wasn't until the wind picked up and caught these two giant rectangles that I realized that the person driving the Jeep had not anchored them down with ANYTHING. No rope, no bungee cords, not even a massive amount of duct tape. I screamed as they narrowly missed me and wondered how the Jeep owner planned to get them back into the trailer and to their destination without another incident.

I just need to stop going places.

2 comments:

Melanee said...

Boy, I bet that guy learned his lesson. Next time he'll at least have the good sense to hold them with his arm.

Mary said...

Weird! I had a similar incident only there were like, 6 matresses in the trailor, 4 of which flew out. We were behind him for an hour and tried to get his attention.

He never noticed. Insanity...